The New Forests Company (NFC) has scored a rating of five stars on the Global Impact Investing Rating System (GIIRS), which is a thorough audit assessing the social and environmental impact and practices of companies and funds using a methodology that has now been used by over 6,000 companies.┬á GIIRS ratings are reviewed, rigorous, transparent, comprehensive, and comparable ratings of company impact.
We are especially proud of this rating, as it highlights that which is special and unique about The New Forests Company.┬á It reflects the policies, practises and impact which distinguish us from our peers and competitors.
GIIRS ratings are analogous to Morningstar investment ratings or S&P credit risk ratings for third party verified social and environmental performance ratings
GIIRS Ratings & Analytics is important because:
- ┬áThe impact investing industry is driving capital to investments that actively create positive social and environmental impact
- The industry needs an accepted standard for measuring impact: one that is comparable, credible and verified for companies and funds
Why is NFC GIIRS Rated?
Leadership and Community Building
- We are a GIIRS Pioneer Company ÔÇô among the first 200 rated companies ÔÇô setting the standard as a leading, missionÔÇÉdriven business creating positive social and environmental impact in the forestry and value-added timber products sectors
- We undertook a rigorous assessment that is comprehensive, transparent and independently governed to show our commitment to the process our investors support
- Our company recognizes the importance of measuring and evaluating social and environmental performance based on credible, thirdÔÇÉparty verified standards
- As a portfolio company of a GIIRS Pioneer Fund, we are part of a movement to facilitate a scalable and transparent marketplace for companies seeking missionÔÇÉaligned growth capital
Growing and Developing NFC
- Tracking our social and environmental impact is an important way to understand and communicate the companyÔÇÖs impact on all our stakeholders
- It Is Important for us to compare our impact over time as well as relative to companies operating in our sector and geography
- We can share our GIIRS Rating Report with existing and potential investors to streamline our impact reporting and attract new capital
- We can begin to improve our impact performance using the information we learn about our current practices and policies, and think about improvements we will make in the future to enhance our overall impact
How to Read NFCÔÇÖs GIIRS Rating Report:
Taking the GIIRS Assessment indicates our commitment to and leadership in driving adoption of credible and verified impact standards. Our GIIRS Rating Report summarizes the data collected regarding our impact performance and will be available to all current and future investors.